Friday, May 27, 2011

Netflix and crosstitch and heating pads, Oh my!

I've had a rough couple of weeks, with few joyful moments but I guess that is to be expected with this disease.  It is hard not to get discouraged but you just have to believe that tomorrow is going to be a better day.  I'm still in the early learning stages.  How many episodes of the TV show Lost can you watch in a week?  hmmm.  I'm embarrassed to tell you the answer to that right now.  But whatever keeps you sane when you can't move much, right?  I'm working on projects I can do with my hands only (cross stitch) and reading and focusing on the positive as much as possible.

I have a friend that I have had since 5th grade who is going through a really rough time right now.  I love her like a sister and wish we lived closer so I could help her through this.  I think about her every day and pray for her every night.  As much pain as I'm going through physically, she is suffering so much more emotionally.  When I think I can't take it any more, I think of her and I know that we are made stronger by the trials we are given in this life.  When we feel we cannot take one more step, our Savior picks us up and carries us.  He would never ask us to endure more than we are capable of.  My best advice for her and any mother going through something so difficult is: remember the precious moments of your life spent with those you love, and look forward to the future.  Know that there will be better days ahead and wonderful, joyous moments and memories yet to be made.

I had lunch with a couple of great friends of mine yesterday, one of which has Fibromyalgia.  She had some great advice to give me and she helped me to refocus and gave me the boost I needed to get my head back in the game.  I had a GREAT moment today.... I doubled my exercise time!  Thanks Nancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment