Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Living life, no really.....

Disclaimer, the beginning of this might not be the usual upbeat thing I normally write, but (there will still be humor)... Let me paint a picture for you:
Picture a dog on a chain that runs between a couple of trees, the dog is hooked by a leash to a rope so he can run back and forth quite a distance between the two trees so he feels quite a bit of freedom and enjoys the days in the sun running back and forth, life is good, he's feeling the freedom of the running, then he kind of forgets the leash is there and he spots something in the distance and he starts panting and thinking wow, it's right there, I can get it, and he starts to run for it and he gets faster and faster, and faster, and snap!  All of a sudden the leash snaps him back to reality and he realizes his world is confined to the patch of dirt he has worn between the trees.  This is his life...... it is what it is.  Do you get where I'm going with this?

I want to say on the BRIGHT SIDE, the new medication is working considerably better than anything I have had in the past!  I had 3 full weeks of GREAT days with just a day or 2 of pain which is a miracle for me in the last year!!!  I haven't used the word Great in a YEAR! I got so used to having nearly no pain in the last three weeks (the dog forgetting his leash) I was up and going and enjoying my life.... maybe a little too much, snap!  I was brought back to reality by an incredibly bad day (actually 3).  I KNOW, lame, I know the bad days will come, it is the nature of the beast of this illness and we will all have them.  There is no cure, but Seriously when it happened I instantly saw this scenario in my mind.  I laughed out loud.  My husband was puzzled that I was in so much pain but laughing!  You gotta laugh! It feels so much better than crying!

So I'm on a combination of meds that seem to be making a big difference for me.  There is still a small amount of pain and the fatigue is maddening (side effects, on top of the fatigue caused by fibro, bummer) but this is life worth living. If anyone wants to know the exact medications, send me an email, I'd be happy to share the names.

I got to babysit my new granddaughter for the first time on Saturday and that was so sweet.  Special moments just me and her. 
I loved every second of it.  Stolen precious moments of time.  I can't get enough of this precious little angel.  I can't wait until she starts reacting back to me (smiling and cooing).

I also had the great pleasure of enjoying some time with my niece Naomi and her two children.  They stopped over on the way home from a vacation they were taking and spent the night and joined us for our annual Spanish Fork Fiesta Days celebration.  We went to the parade and carnival. 


We had a great time and my son got to catch up with his cousin that he rarely sees.  His son got to play with her two kids.  It was great to share that time together and to see my son and my niece interact as adults with their own children. (Where did the time go, it was just yesterday they were little children playing together in my back yard!) I loved watching my grown son with his son and my niece's children at the parade.  My heart swelled with pride.  He was having so much fun getting them to think he was the fun "uncle" Justin with the small fireworks he had brought (even though he is really their second cousin).
I remember always wanting to be the "FUN" Aunt T.  I think my nieces and nephews do look back on those years and think of me that way.  I loved and cherished that time in my life. I'm glad my children love being the FUN Auntie and Uncle as well. Life is short, enjoy the ride!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment