Monday, January 16, 2012

I'm Back

I know it's been awhile since I've written on my blog.  I feel like I kind of "went dark" for awhile.  I wanted this blog to be a positive place where anyone with chronic illness could go for some uplifting moments. But I have had some difficulties the past few months so I haven't felt much like writing. But even through the difficulties I have had some really amazing moments
San Fransisco was wonderful.  We crammed a lot of sight seeing into 3 days. We went to every tourist attraction there.  My favorite was alcatraz.  We also spent over a week with my daughter and grandkids just hanging out.  I had some good days, and some bad days. But mostly it was spent building some really great memories.


Then I had a spur of the moment trip home to spend a week with my mom, just the two of us.  It was a really special time for us.  We just spent girl time together.  We had never done this before and it was really a sweet, special time for us. I got to go to lunch with my favorite Auntie I hadn't seen in years. It was great.


Then.........the big one.  I have always wanted to go to Disneyland with all of my grandchildren (even before we had grandchildren this was a dream of mine).  In November it finally happened!

At this point I was having a lot of pain from my fibro, so I was taking life a moment at a time.  This trip was Magical for me.  I had to really enjoy every moment that I could.  My husband and I started the trip with my son and his wife and their two kids in Palm Springs.  We stayed in a Mansion (seriously!) provided by my daughter-in-law's parents.  We did nothing all day but swim in the pool and sit in the hot tub which did miracles for my back pain!   This place was awesome.  Our bedroom suite had a fireplace, an extra bedroom, bath and home gym. From here we went to San Diego and visited Sea World.  Then we met our daughter and family at Disneyland.  We went for 3 days straight. 

What a sweet and precious Moment!!  Having Sully give the kids a hug?  I wouldn't have missed this for the world.  I'm afraid I was not in hardly any pictures.  I had to be in a wheel chair all 3 days of Disneyland.  I couldn't walk around at all.  But I wouldn't have traded these special moments with my grandkids for anything.  I was able to ride on every ride they wanted me to go on with them.  I think we hit every kid ride there.
  Ok so here is the one picture I let my hubby take of me on my sweet ride:

I truly enjoyed the trip even though it was a challenge and I had to endure a lot of pain.  I've learned that you have to make a lot of trades. I am a work in progress. I know we all have the tendency to answer "I'm good" or "I'm fine" when someone asks how we are, when in reality we are not at all fine. But I know that my struggle is to strive to stay positive and work toward living the best life I can and look for those best moments in life that I can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment