Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Who Knew?

So, I did my first Pilates workout today!  Really? Me? 

Okay, so this all started when I started taking Lyrica.  This medication really helped my Fibro pain.  I felt an immediate change when the Dr. paired this with Sevella.  However, I also started gaining weight.... like rapidly.  Since I began the medication I have gained 25 pounds.  This might not sound like a lot to some people, but on my little 5 ft 1 inch frame, this is huge.  I approached the Dr. about this and his answer was, "well.... ya, that is a side affect, maybe limit your calories." Really?  It isn't like I'm eating everything in sight. This is why there are no pics of me at Disneyland!! Little self conscious here.....
     So I've been using the WII fit to exercise for the last year because we all know that exercise is a big part of fighting Fibromyalgia.  On my "good" days I've run/walked 'treadmill' style up to 5 miles, or done the aerobics, etc. I tried the yoga but the stretching was really hard on my back which is where my pain is located, so that didn't work for me. None of this has helped the weight gain problem. I keep it up for the fibro though.
     So Enter NETFLIX (BIG FAN!).  I'm cruising around this morning on What's new this week and I find FREE Pilates video. Sweet!  I decide to see if it is something I can do and the beginning workout is 10 minutes and it is relatively easy and didn't irritate my back at all.  Score! So I added this to my morning workout.  Let's see if I can get my body back with this.  It works for all the movie stars, right? Sigh. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment