Monday, March 5, 2012

A New Day

I've been keeping myself busy the last month and haven't had time to blog much.  I am proud to announce I have been exercising 5 days a week, low impact aerobics, running, pilates, 30-50 minutes a day depending on how I feel.  If I can do it, you can too!  When I was first diagnosed and the doctor told me that one of the ways to combact this illness was exericse, I thought I was done for.  I had NEVER exercised before and I hated it.  I actually enjoy it now and look forward to it in the morning. I mix it up doing different things each morning, sometimes a couple of different things together.  You just have to find some things that you can do that you don't Hate and consistency is the key. Just keep going. 

Today I went to a new Rheumatologist and we are trying a new drug combination.  He said I'm doing all I can to fight the disease, we will try the new combination and hope for a little more relief in the pain area, but life goes on for me.  I find joy the small moments with my family.  My little Brinley is growing up so fast.  She is almost crawling.  When I put her in the little walker when she is at my house she gets herself moving all around the place.  She takes everything in with her little dark eyes.  You know she wants to be in the middle of everything but she just isn't quite big enough yet.  Once she is moving around, she and her older brother Korbyn are going to be quite the little mischievious pair. I won't stand a chance.
I wish I could spend every minute with my grandchildren, but that is just not in the plan for me right now.  I will take the moments I am able and be thankful for them! Find Joy where you can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment